Welcome to the American_Bedu blog. First of all, you can email directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org With this blog I am sharing my experiences and perspectives as an American in Saudi. I feel very fortunate that unlike some of the expats in the Kingdom, I make the transition between having typical expat experiences and traditional experiences of any Saudi, on a daily basis, thanks to my marriage to a Saudi man with a beautiful and large extended Saudi family.
By way of background I am a former intelligence officer and worked for the Central Intelligence Agency for 20 years. As a result I have been widely traveled and exposed to many differing cultures, customs and traditions.
The American Bedu blog is not intended as Saudi-bashing. I try to write candidly and openly about experiences and observations on the customs, cultures, traditions and practices of daily life in Saudi Arabia. Some views are very positive and others might be negative while some may be perceived as contraversial. However my posts are reflective of Saudi Arabia which is a land of shifting sands with contrasts and contradictions.
You will find that I strive to post daily and my blog has been in existence since 2006. There are some types of posts regular readers of my blog can also look forward to on a regular monthly basis. These posts include:
- Monthly Saudi Fun Quiz. (10 trivia questions each month where you can test your knowledge of Saudi Arabia)
- Monthly Saudi Arabic (monthly post introducing useful Arabic words and phrases commonly used in Saudi Arabia)
- Monthly Use Your Saudi Imagination (I will begin a story involving Saudi Arabia or a Saudi and YOU get to provide the ending)
- Monthly Saudi Travel (each month I will showcase a new destination within Saudi Arabia whether it be a city, a village, an Island, a desert. Saudi has many many hidden treasures to discover)
- Monthly Saudi Recipe (each month I’ll identify and provide YOU with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare some of the favorite and traditional dishes of Saudi Arabia)
- Interviews (each month I have 1-2 interviews from expats and Saudis who either are in Saudi Arabia or Saudis who are presently outside of the Kingdom or from followers of my blog to discover more of their interests in Saudi Arabia)
Your input is also most welcomed and requested. I want this blog to be an exchange of views and perspectives so we can learn from one another. Each individual in Saudi Arabia will have differing experiences depending on the situation which brings them to the Kingdom and the location in which they reside.
Your comments on this blog are welcome, you are free to speak your mind unless you violate the blog rules. Comments once placed will not be removed unless they violate the blog rules.
I always welcome hearing from individuals who have viewed my blog. I like to receive your comments, feedback and suggestions for additional topics for me to write about. Also if you have a question or something you’d like to address but not within a post, you can reach me via the following email address:
The entire content of this website is copyrighted to Carol Fleming and should never be reproduced/copied to another website without written authorization from the owner. Websites that are scraping content in the form of RSS feeds, bots, or manual methods will be reported to their web host with a DMCA take down notice.
Copyright © 2006-2013 Carol Fleming
Please contact me if you want to use any partof articles or pictures.