American Bedu has been corresponding with Layla about her visions of a new facility for women in Jeddah, with an emphasis on an oasis for Saudi women. The input of American Bedu readers is also sought towards not only making the facility a reality but to ensure that the facility is extensive towards meeting the many needs of women.
Description of Establishment
We are developing a concept and would like some bright, sincere ideas from the ladies of Jeddah. We are opening a membership based, family oriented, ladies recreational center, which will provide a balance of physical and intellectual stimulation for all ages. Within this environment, ladies will experience outstanding quality of customer service and hospitality, enjoy a healthy alternative lifestyle, participate in activities that promote self-development and a constructive way to spend their days, while their children are close by enjoying the same.
It is an innovative concept in providing the ladies of Jeddah with an opportunity to experience the following facilities all under one roof:
- Physical Recreational Area providing gym, dance studio, exercise studio, spa.
- Intellectual Recreational Area providing library, art room, other activities to accommodate 3 age groups.
- Café offering fresh juices , salads, and healthy snacks to encourage healthy eating habits.
- Kids Play Area, where mothers can leave their kids to play educational game, but be close to them at the same time.
- Indoor and outdoor gardens to promote love of nature.
We would be grateful to have your input on what you feel is missing , that you would like to see offered in Jeddah , or something you have tried abroad that is unavailable here, with respect to women’s activities.
Filed under: culture, Freedoms, friendship, gender, Health, relationships, Saudi Arabia, Saudi culture, Saudi Living, Uncategorized, Women Issues Tagged: | culture, gender issues, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia